The level of communication is one of the indicators of human development. Likestory.net have gathered for you the 6 ways that will help to increase your vocabulary.
1. Think about which of banal, trite, hackneyed words and expressions that you are accustomed to use in standard communication situations. Write them down on a piece of paper. Recorded? Now take off the shelf dictionary or a dictionary of synonyms. Find these words that you yourself have cut the ears and are tired of hearing day in and day. Examine the long list of options and speak each of these words aloud. Which one reflects your personality? What is suitable for you personally? Try to use each of them as you try on the suit and see which of them will seem comfortable and welcoming. Select a few of these words and practice saying them aloud until they become a natural part of your vocabulary;
2. Communication is the main source of replenishment of the vocabulary of human. During the conversation, each participant completes their vocabulary arsenal of the interlocutor, the exchange of words between them. As much as possible speak with friends, acquaintances, family. Use your new vocabulary words, knowledge of the word is nothing without its use;
3. Read, reading books is useful. Start with those authors that are clearer and closer to Your interests. Gradually add more difficult literature. The text where there are interesting words and expressions that you want to remember in the future to apply, read aloud (reading to himself, we also replenish your vocabulary, but not so fast, because this way we only see the words, when read well aloud, we will also hear and most importantly — spoken, so it is best to remember);
4. When you notice a new word, don’t just look at its definition in the dictionary. Please note what figure of speech this word is used, try to replace it yourself to the appropriate synonym. Try to rhyme, to come up with more appropriate phrases. The more you know about the word — the faster you learn to use it, avoiding its memory. This will immediately affect the beauty and individuality of your speech;
5. Write. Rewrite someone else’s article and your favorite literary works by the example of Demosthenes, who copied the History of Thucydides eight times in a row.
Crosswords is not just entertainment, but also a way of vocabulary development. Use this on the road, on vacation. Choose crossword puzzles in famous journals or those that have a good reputation;
6. For those who spend a lot of time on the road, driving or did not have free time to use books and dictionaries have a unique opportunity to develop language and increase vocabulary through audiobooks. This method will be as acceptable to the audience, which perceives best by hearing. In any case, to pass the time in traffic jams under the reading of good literature a lot more useful and effective for Your development.