Recently a survey was conducted among people over 60 years on the theme “What advice would you give to modern young people?”. Seemingly simple question, but some responses were quite unexpected.
1. People always say, “Good job, that which you enjoy every day.” This is a false STATEMENT. Good work is the work that you can tolerate most working days, and while it covers all of your expenses. Almost no one has work that you can adore every second.
2. The years pass in the blink of an eye. Don’t marry young. Live life to the fullest. TRAVEL. Act. No matter you have money or not. Pack a bag and go wherever you can afford. Unless you have children, don’t waste money on things. For any of the things. View of the world. Poke at the spot on the map. And go!
3. Don’t take everything too seriously. Even if in some moments life seems bleak and hopeless, try to laugh at all this ass and how did you get this.
4. A friend is someone who will come to help, even if you call him at two in the morning. The rest just acquaintances.
5. The most important person in your life is the person who agrees to share his life with you. Think of it like that.
6. You will not notice how your children will grow up. So hanging out with them as much as possible.
7. No one has yet died with regret, that few worked in their lives. Be industrious, but don’t put work above family, friends and, eventually, himself!
8. You can live a long life, and short — nobody knows. But whatever it was, to take care of your health needs in youth.
9. If you’re tired of your life, just stop, think about the present moment, enjoy all that is beautiful and really important. Take a deep breath, relax. And understand that everything is relative.
10. Eat and train as if you are a diabetic with a heart condition — so you never will be.
11. We only have one life. Not Wake up sometime with the knowledge that you are 60 and you have not made anything dreamed of your whole life.
12. Maybe it’s not so much advice as others, but still: brush your teeth regularly, dental problems are awful.
13. Don’t follow all the advice on how the biblical covenants. You can ask for advice from someone you respect, then weigh again their situation and make their OWN decision.
14. Things are just things. Don’t hold on to material objects, hold time and events.
15. The damage you received today, you will know about yourself in old age. Even if you think that you are fully healed. BELIEVE me!
16. Appreciate every moment and every detail. In his youth, always want all at once. But why not appreciate every little moment? We are not forever on this planet, and the greatest pleasure that we can afford, is to enjoy every moment. Instead of typing messages, pick up the phone and talk with a live person. Visit mom, for no reason, just like that. Soak up each moment.
17. Pay all of your bills and stay away from debts.
18. Jealousy destroys relationships. Trust your second half. If not her, then who to trust?
19. If you have an impossible dream, you still have to at least try to approach its implementation. As with age it will become even more impossible.
20. When you meet someone for the first time, understand that you don’T KNOW ANYTHING about this man. You see it a nationality, gender, age, clothes. Forget all of this. You don’t know anything. The stereotypes that pop into your head due to the fact that our brain likes to break on categories, limit your life.