Milk is an essential product in the daily diet of most of us. About his favor we know from childhood. It would seem, what else can you say about him is unusual or interesting?
Likestory.net picked the top 12 dairy facts that you might surprise.
1. The oldest currently known fossil remains of domesticated cows belong to the VIII Millennium BC That is, we drink cow’s milk for more than 10 000 years.
2. As cow shares of the udder are not reported, the composition of milk obtained from different teats of the same animal may not be the same.
3. Per year the Earth’s population drank 580 millions liters of milk and 1.5 million a day. To support the volume you need every day to milk, around 105 000 cows.
4. Cow’s milk contains 300 times more casein (the main protein that contains eight essential human amino acids) than human milk.
5. That the milk does not turn sour, in ancient times he was put frogs: their skin secretions have antimicrobial properties and inhibit the growth of bacteria.
6. In the 1960s, the company developed the continuous process of UHT and aseptic packaging systems (Tetra Pak), which allowed to extend the retention period to six months. Careful processing retains useful properties of the product and at the same time it eliminates bacteria, leading to the souring of milk. The Institute of food technologists USA in 1989, called this process “the greatest achievement in food technology of the twentieth century”.
7. Milk can be used as invisible ink: written on paper manifests itself when heated.
8. Milk cannot be stored in a transparent container, as in the light, it destroyed many nutrients. Multilayer sealed cardboard packaging (~75% of cardboard, polyethylene, foil) protects from external factors that affect the shelf life of milk.
9. Milk can turn sour during a thunderstorm — this is a result of long-wave electromagnetic pulses that penetrate any substance.
10. Milk is almost 90% water and contains about 80 mineral elements. After the process of UHT calcium, potassium, magnesium and vitamins are preserved in it unchanged.
11. In Brussels on the occasion of the International day of milk instead of water from the fountain “Manneken Pis” pouring milk.
12. People who use after strength training milk, not energy drinks, reach the best physical shape. It milk helps to build muscle mass due to the balance of vitamins and minerals, and milk fat breaks down fat deposits in the body.